Macro minded, low sugar, yet decadent Holiday Chocolate Pudding Cake
Ok, now this one is for the books (aka bookmarked )! SO GOOD!! The gooey pudding bottom layer of this cake makes zero wanting of frosting or anything really to hide any dryness of traditional cake. I can’t wait to share this one this holiday with my loved ones!
* 120 grams white, oat, or gf all purpose flour
* 60 grams cocoa powder
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 150 grams sugar free brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
* 80 grams @cocoabarinajar PB Cup or Chocolate Brownie (divided into 60 grams and 20 grams)
* 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 60 grams sugarfree mini chocolate chips, optional
* 2 cups boiling water
* 40 grams coconut or brown sugar
(Speechless right here.)
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 x 8 or 9 x 6 baking pan. Stir all ingredients together except the water and 1/4 cup coconut sugar and 20 grams of CBJ). Pour into the pan. Mix the 1/4 cup sweetener and CBJ into the boiling water. Pour gently over the batter in the pan covering the surface, but do not stir it into the batter. Bake on the oven’s center rack for 35 minutes at 350. Let cool. Top with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
*The pudding layer underneath will get thicker as it sits. Store leftovers in the fridge which thickens even more overnight and warm in the microwave before serving.
10 slices-Macros: 138 calories/ 5f/ 24c/ 4.4p/ 5 fiber
Listed in MFP CBJ PUDDING CAKE