Pumpkin is definitely a theme around here and I know I’m not alone. Sometimes grabbing a baking mix, and tweaking it a bit to maximize nutrition and macros is the way to go and this recipe did NOT disappoint! Easy Low Fat Pumpkin Banana Bread that’s butter and oil free, but still boasts some serious bakery and Starbucks vibes. Yum!
- 3 tbsp Iced Oatmeal Cookie Cocoa Bar In A Jar (42 grams)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (120 ml)
- 1 egg white (46 grams) and 1 whole egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 box of Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread mix
- Combine banana along with your melted Cocoa Bar In A Jar Iced Oatmeal Cookie. Add in the egg and egg white and unsweetened almond milk. Mix well. Then add in your Trader Joe’s pumpkin bread baking mix. Once combined, pour into a lined or greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and top with chopped pecans (optional). Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.Slice and drizzle with extra Cocoa Bar In A Jar Iced Oatmeal Cookie and pair with some protein of choice for a completely balanced and delicious meal.
Macros: 14 slices
160 calories/2 fat/32c/2p
PSA: If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s pumpkin baking mix, you can use another brand, just make sure you swap the 1/2 cup (most mixes call for a half cup) with the large banana and 42 grams of Iced Oatmeal Cookie as well as 1 whole egg and 1 egg white for the 2 eggs normally called for. This will lower the macros significantly, especially the fat!
*Macros will vary depending on which mix is used.