Easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
These drool-worthy, gluten-free chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookies are so simple and easy to make, they are sure to become a staple in your house. How easy are they, you may ask? Four simple ingredients easy. I know; it’s too good to be true, right? But, I assure you, it’s not. And the taste? Peanut butter-licious and utterly decadent. These are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. They are, and I quote, “a peanut butter lover’s dream” according to the main squeeze (a.k.a. the unofficial CBJ taste tester and recipe approver.) He’s a tough critic, so rest assured, they ARE amazingly delish! Oh, and did I mention that these are healthy chocolate peanut butter cookies? Slam dunk.
Being that ‘tis the season and a hungry and hardworking Santa will be making a visit here in the next couple of weeks, my boys and I decided to put a Christmas spin on these babies. Paired with a glass of almond milk, these cookies will make Santa one happy and satisfied jolly man. I wonder if he’ll lick the plate or leave some crumbs. We shall see.
- 1 cup creamy, salted all natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar (organic cane sugar or xylitol for a sugar free option also works)
- 1 egg or 1 vegan flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax mixed with 2 TBSP water for vegan chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookie option)
- Cocoa Bar In a Jar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper or lightly grease your cookie sheets.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and peanut butter until well incorporated.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Once combined, chill dough in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Once chilled, flour surface of a cutting board with gluten-free flour and roll out dough until it’s approximately 2 centimeters thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and place one inch apart on the cookie sheet.
Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional sugar and let cool completely.
Once cool, slather approximately 1 TBSP of Cocoa Bar In A Jar (adjust amount according to the size of your cookie) on the underside of one cookie.
- Press another cookie onto the Cocoa Bar In A Jar side of the cookie with the underside facing down. Repeat until all cookies are sandwiched.
These cookies can be rolled out and cut with cookie cutters in all sorts of fun shapes and sizes (as mentioned above), OR you can simply roll the dough into one inch balls and press onto your cookie sheet for a traditional, round sandwich cookie.
This recipe makes approximately 10 large sandwich cookies or 20 smaller sandwich cookies.
These are definitely a “wow your friends” kind of cookie, so go ahead and show off. You deserve it.
Spreading the love,